What it costs to rent a property with Savoy Property Consultants
Funds required in advance if you take a property with us:
- 1 week holding deposit to secure the property
- 1 month’s rent in advance
- 5 weeks security deposit (on rentals up to £50,000 pa) or 6 weeks for rental over £50,000 pa
This will be paid into The Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) or mydeposits.co.uk and refunded to you directly by them after you vacate the property.
- The charge for a ‘change to the tenancy’ will be £50 (including VAT) unless the landlord demonstrates that greater costs were incurred.
- Lost key charge is £10 plus individual key cost according to type of lock
A ‘change to a tenancy’ is any reasonable request to alter a tenancy agreement. This could be making changes to the tenancy agreement to enable: • pets to be kept in the property • a change of sharer in a joint tenancy • permission to sub-let • a business to be run from the property • or any other amendment which alters the obligations of the agreement.
There are no fees charged to tenants for any of the following services when taking a tenancy under an assured shorthold tenancy
- Referencing or credit checks
- Tenancy agreements or renewal contract agreements
- Guarantor agreements
- Inventory services, check-ins or check-outs
Landlords are at liberty to ask for additional rent if you have a pet living at the property. This will be clearly detailed to you in advance and your express permission will be required.
You may be asked to agree to payment of the following services, however, your express permission will be required at the outset of the tenancy as a negotiated clause.
- De-infestation treatment
- Additional cleaning for properties where pets have lived
Damage & Cleaning
Contracts can reasonably state that a tenant must return the property in the same condition that they found it, eg. professionally cleaned.
The tenant can be given the choice of restoring the property to the same standard themselves, or they can be offered the option to pay for professional services via the landlord or the letting agent. It is the tenant’s choice.
Where the property has been damaged, landlords will be able to make a reasonable claim for costs incurred via deductions from the deposit, or if necessary, via court action.
To secure a property
We require 2 week’s rent to reserve the property for you and this will form part of the security deposit when you move in.
Before paying this holding deposit, you must be sure you want the property as it will not be refunded if you decide not to go ahead with the tenancy for whatever reason. If any of the tenants do not pass reference check and cannot provide suitable guarantors you will not be accepted for the tenancy and the admin fee will not be refunded.
Payments accepted: Bank transfer or cash